Re: Deploying multiple instances from a single war

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2010 - 13:48:19 UTC

    Hi Emanuele,

    The trick would be to create a custom subclass of Cayenne HessianService, overriding 'initCayenneStack(Map properties)'. Based on some property value in a properties map, you can load Cayenne stack from an alternative location (e.g. by renaming one of the cayenne.xml files, and passing it as a parameter to DefaultConfiguration).

    After that map 2 HessianServlets in web.xml using different URLs, passing each a custom "service-class" parameter, as well as the custom Cayenne stack name parameter.

    This way the same webapp will serve 2 separate Cayenne stacks at different URLs.

    HTH,
    Andrus

    The properties map passed to this service is taken from servlet init parameters in web.xml. So