Re: Child Contexts

From: Robert Zeigler (robert.zeigle..oxanemy.com)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2010 - 18:38:18 UTC

    Contexts and connections are more or less independent. There is a pool of connections; there are one or more contexts. When a context needs a connection, eg, to write to or read from teh database, it checks one out from the pool, and returns it to the pool as soon as it is finished with the connection.

    So a child context will share a connection with the parent in the same sense that any data context "shares" a connection with any other context: via the shared connection pool.

    In general, for a child context, /writes/ to the database will be flushed through to the parent, and therefore performed on the parent-context level. That's not the case for read operations.

    Robert