Re: many to many relations and default values for the association table?

From: gilbertoca (gilbertoc..mail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2010 - 18:39:36 UTC

    Marc Guenther wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have the usual flattened User <<-->> Group many to many relationship
    > with a association table in between.

    Since you are using flattened relationship (user.id + group.id), will need
    to manage one site (User will manage) of it through the other (Group will be
    managed).

    Marc Guenther wrote:

    > My problem is, in the association table I have an attribute, which I want
    > to set to a certain default value.

    When the association table has attributes, that means you relationship needs
    an obj-entity to set/get those attributes (in your case: UserGroup)

    Using this design you can set default values to UserGroup. See this
    discussion [1].

    Hope this help,

    Gilberto

    [1]http://cayenne.195.n3.nabble.com/default-value-from-the-modeler-td718395.html