Re: cayenne-plugin and superpkg

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Oct 13 2010 - 08:04:52 UTC

    Yeah, I think providing better superPkg defaults (such as relative "auto") and support for relative superPkg will be a nice enhancement. Fill free to open an improvement request in Jira :-)

    Andrus

    On Oct 13, 2010, at 10:12 AM, André Rothe wrote:

    > Ooops, I have read the ant-task documentation instead of maven.
    > Sorry!
    >
    > Is it possible to extend the path of the classes instead of define the complete package path?
    >
    > So it would be nice to have a class Employee in package x.y and a class Department in package x.y.z and I can set a relative package "auto", so I get the _Employee in x.y.auto and _Department in x.y.z.auto.
    >
    > Thank you
    > Andre
    >
    > Bryan Lewis <brya..aine.rr.com> wrote:
    >
    >> The elements are case-sensitive. Try <superPkg>.
    >>
    >> (I'd fix the case of "DataMap.map.xml" too, although it might not matter on
    >> Windows.)
    >>

    >> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 4:55 PM, André Rothe <aroth..hosco.info> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> I have written a configuration for the class generator of Cayenne within my
    >>> pom.xml:
    >>>
    >>> <plugin>
    >>> <groupId>org.apache.cayenne.plugins</groupId>
    >>> <artifactId>maven-cayenne-plugin</artifactId>
    >>> <executions>
    >>> <execution>
    >>> <id>cgen</id>
    >>> <configuration>
    >>> <map>${project.build.sourceDirectory}/../resources/datamap.map.xml</map>
    >>> <destDir>${project.build.sourceDirectory}</destDir>
    >>> <superpkg>auto</superpkg>
    >>> <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
    >>> </configuration>
    >>> <goals>
    >>> <goal>cgen</goal>
    >>> </goals>
    >>> </execution>
    >>> </executions>
    >>> </plugin>
    >>>
    >>> But the plugin doesn't use the <superpkg> information, the debug output of
    >>> maven writes:
    >>>
    >>> [DEBUG]Configuring mojo
    >>> 'org.apache.cayenne.plugins:maven-cayenne-plugin:3.0.1:cgen' -->
    >>> [DEBUG] (f) client = false
    >>> [DEBUG] (f) destDir =
    >>> /localhome/arothe/workspace/CayenneTest/src/main/java
    >>> [DEBUG] (f) encoding = UTF-8
    >>> [DEBUG] (f) makePairs = true
    >>> [DEBUG] (f) map =
    >>> /localhome/arothe/workspace/CayenneTest/src/main/java/../resources/datamap.map.xml
    >>> [DEBUG] (f) mode = entity
    >>> [DEBUG] (f) outputPattern = *.java
    >>> [DEBUG] (f) overwrite = false