RE: OnPrePersist not working

From: Bruno René Santos (brunoren..olos.pt)
Date: Wed Oct 20 2010 - 10:14:03 UTC

    Hi Andrus,

    I have just found out the problem. I wa trying to affect a cayenne-mandatory
    table field with a calculated value during pre-persist. I think the problem is
    that Cayenne mandatory validation is executed before the prepersist, not letting
    me affect the field, which starts as null. Do you think validating after
    pre-persist could lead to problems? I think it would help pre-persist to be more
    useful, allowing us to calculate mandatory fields.

    I made it work by removing the Mandatory check on Cayenne Modeler.

    Regards
    Bruno Santos