RE: Cayenne Transactions vs MySQL Transactions

From: Bruno René Santos (brunoren..olos.pt)
Date: Thu Oct 28 2010 - 14:53:38 UTC

    Hi Michael,

    Thanx for the answers. About point 1, when you talk about the 'container', what
    do you mean? So you're telling me the default transaction engine Cayenne uses is
    from the DB, not managed by cayenne programmatically (cayenne calls BEGIN
    TRANSACTION and COMMIT from the DB)?

    About point 2, I was asking your opinion about the degree of reliability on
    comparing cayenne's optimistic locking with lockings from the DB. Or do you mean
    cayenne uses this mechanism straight from the DB? I was always a little confused
    about if cayenne implemented these two mechanisms (transactions and locking) or
    just called the proper methods from the DB.

    Thanx a lot

    Bruno