Re: Reengineer Database Schema not generating anything

From: Mark Fischer (farkmische..mail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 11 2010 - 16:41:31 UTC

    That did it!!! I must admit that maybe because I am from a visual studio or
    windows background I have never had to "Select Schema" like I do with
    Cayenne and so I had to idea what to pick 3-4 weeks ago when I first tried
    Cayenne. When you connect from visual studio you just give the url and
    username and password, there is no schema to select from. Also, when I
    wrote the small jdbc program to check my connection it did not ask me for a
    schema. What does the schema do?

    When I first tried this 3-4 weeks ago I started at the top with
    "db_accessadmin" and worked my way down through the 13 options to "db_owner"
    and gave up. There were still 5 choices left but I figured that if
    "db_owner" did not have the proper rights then none of the others would. I
    went into SQL Server and made sure that "db_owner" was assigned full rights
    before I gave up. Turns out if I pick "sys" I get a Map with all the tables
    including the system tables and if I pick "dbo" I get all the non system
    tables. Any idea why "dbo" works but "db_owner" does not? My knowledge of
    databases is not extensive so I must admit I do not know much about how the
    schemas work in SQL Server.

    Sorry if this was a dumb error and wasting everyones time. Thanks for
    sticking it out with me!!!

    Mark