Re: Incremental builder and natures

From: Harald Niesche (haral..heCo.de)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 06:06:37 EST

    "Anders Peterson" <peterso..ptimatika.se> wrote:
    > They still don't work...

    I'll take a look at the wizards later.

    > >> I filed a bug report [ 698610 ] Incremental builder builds frameworks
    > >> named *.woa
    > > ... I'll fix this in CVS.
    > It's fixed.

    Great, is there a process for this, i.e., do you set the bug to "Verifed"?

    > > started in the debugger. It is not supposed to create deployment
    > > builds.
    >
    > ... and use WOProject/Ant to deploy/install (only).

    Exactly, that's the plan.

    > Either only a dedicated folder (you would have to accept all files) or
    > how about both in combination. You specify.
    > 1) Where to look for resources
    > 2) Which file types to include

    The only part I'm not clear on is whether this is "and" or "or" -- do I
    include everything from the specified folders plus everything that matches
    the wildcards? Or just stuff from the dedicated folders that also matches
    the wildcards?

    I'd like to keep the editor simple for now. How about wildcards that can
    contain folder names?

    e.g. "Resources/*;*.xml;*.eomodeld/*;*.wo/*"

    > The Ant script and the incremental builder will use the same
    > configuration - right?

    That depends -- we could put the configuration into build.properties, but
    then the expressions would have to be Ant compatible -- probably not a bad
    thing anyway. (Note to self: Think *before* you write!)

    > > Currently, the decision whether something goes into Resources or
    > > WebServerResources is hardcoded:
    > > Resources:
    >
    > I'm missing *.xml

    Ooops, I'll add that.

    > Do you have to generate a new build.xml file? Couldn't a standard
    > build.xml file just read all configurable setting from a separate file,
    > and the incremental builder use the same settings/file?

    Well, that's a thought (see above). I'd like WOLips to generate the
    build.xml if it doesn't exist, though (think about converting plain Java
    projects by checking "Is a WebObjects project").

    Harald