Re: newbie: really work?

From: Anders Peterson (anders_peterso..ptimatika.se)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 04:40:36 EST

    On onsdag, mar 12, 2003, at 10:22 Europe/Stockholm, Tsang, Victor YF
    wrote:

    > Thanks Anders and Ulrich.
    >
    > After I checked the log, it said there is a wobuild.properties file
    > not found.
    >
    > 1. I added it to the path it expected... and added wo.systemroot and
    > wo.userroot setting (something like that)

    wobuild.properties should contain more than that! This file can be
    re-created. In Eclipse, go to the WOLips preferences and check the
    option "Rebuild the wobuild.properties file on the next launch".
    Restart Eclipse...

    > 2. replaced the ant.core plugin
    >
    > It worked.However, the compiled woa (actually, the .cmd file) failed
    > to load the Application class
    >
    > ========
    > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/webobjects/appserver/WOApplication
    >         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
    >         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    >         at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    >         at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    >         at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
    >         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    >         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    >         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    >         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    >         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    >         at
    > com.webobjects._bootstrap.WOBootstrap.main(WOBootstrap.java:68)
    > ========
    >
    > Is there any configuration (eclipse and WOLips) I have to do before I
    > can build WO applications? Or, is there any kind of "WOLips for
    > dummy" documentation or getting started materials?

    There is only the built-in on-line help. There was a First Steps With
    WOLips document, but that was before there was any documentation.

    > BTW, the generated Main.wo contains Main.html and Main.wod only. It
    > lacks a Main.woo file to specify the encoding... The WebObjects
    > Builder rely 100% on the .woo file to know the encoding... For me, I
    > set the default encoding to UTF-16, and if there is no woo file to
    > specify the encoding, the WOBuilder will treat the ASCII Main.html and
    > Main.wod as UTF-16 file and I will see garbage. If I save back the
    > Main.wo to UTF-16, the eclipse failed to read the html... and looks
    > like that eclipse cannot handle unicode at all.

    Please file a bug report!

    /Anders