Re: 2 Questions (Debugging and Clean installs of jars)

From: walker..bermind.com
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 16:25:23 EST

    Thanks for the response Ulrich,

    I tried deleting all the WOLips launch profiles, restarted eclipse and then made a new one to no avail. It still seems to not find my local subclass of Session and seems to be searching the classpath for a "Session" class.

    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
    <com.our.package.Application> Class 'Session' exists (class
    javax.mail.Session) but is not a subclass of WOSession.
    at com.webobjects.appserver.WOApplication._sessionClass(WOApplication.java:1504)
    at com.webobjects.appserver.WOApplication.createSessionForRequest(WOApplication.java:1545)
    at com.webobjects.appserver.WOApplication._initializeSessionInContext(WOApplication.java:1687)
    at com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentRequestHandler._dispatchWithPreparedApplication(WOComponentRequstHandler.java:309)
    at com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentRequestHandler._handleRequest(WOComponentRequestHandler.java:358)
    at com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentRequestHandler.handleRequest(WOComponentRequestHandler.java:432)
    at com.webobjects.appserver.WOApplication.dispatchRequest(WOApplication.java:1244)
    at com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOWorkerThread.runOnce(WOWorkerThread.java:167)
    at com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOWorkerThread.run(WOWorkerThread.java:248)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

    the javax.mail.Session class is from a jar that is included in one of the linked frameworks. If I take that jar out of the classpath I then just get the class cast exception I referred to in the original post since I am trying to cast a WOSession to my subclass then.

    There doesn't seem to be anything useful in the eclipse .log file either.

    Any further suggestions?

    -Michael