Re: Eclipse Stability on OSX?

From: Ulrich Köster (ulric..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 14:05:51 EST

    Hi Javier,

    in 50 percent when Eclipse won't start up, is when Xerces is in your
    classpath. The other 50 percent occur when a jar contains xerces. So
    please take a the log it`s in the workspace under .metadata and named
    .log. If there is something with xerces remove xerces from your
    classpath. If not we have to look deeper at the problem.

    There are two bugs in Eclipse that will be fixed in RC3 that are
    showstopper with JDK 1.4.1 on MacOSX. Just launch Eclipse with JDK
    1.3.1(Which is the default unless you change it.)

    I use Eclipse for my daily work and most of the work on WOLips is done
    on a Mac. If I remember right I use Eclipse on MacOS X for nearly a
    year now.

    Best regards

    ulrich