NoClassDefFoundError: FileStringScanner

From: Marc Guenther (mar..eblicon.de)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 11:16:48 EST

    Hi,

    I'm currently investigating Eclipse and WOLips for one of our projects
    and I'm quite excited about them. But I'm having problems with the RC1
    of WOLips (0.9.9 seemed to work better, but Im not sure, havent used it
    really). Heres what I did:

    I'm running MacOSX 10.2.4, WO 5.2, Java 1.3.1 (1.4.1 installed, but
    CurrentJDK pointing to 1.3.1).

    I just tried a fresh install of Eclipse RC2
    (eclipse-SDK-RC2-macosx-carbon.zip) and WOLips RC1
    (WOLips_1.0.0_RC1.tar.gz).

    After I create a new Project, I get this in the log:

    !ENTRY org.eclipse.jdt.core 4 2 Mar 19, 2003 17:00:08.889
    !MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in:
    "org.eclipse.jdt.core".
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
    org/objectstyle/woproject/util/FileStringScanner
             at
    org.objectstyle.wolips.core.project.PBProjectUpdater.fixEOModelerMacOSXB
    ug(Unknown Source)
             at
    org.objectstyle.wolips.core.project.PBProjectUpdater.getPBProject(Unknow
    n Source)
             at
    org.objectstyle.wolips.core.project.PBProjectUpdater.<init>(Unknown
    Source)
             at
    org.objectstyle.wolips.core.project.PBProjectUpdater.instance(Unknown
    Source)
             at
    org.objectstyle.wolips.core.listener.JavaElementChangeListener.updatePro
    jects(Unknown Source)
             at
    org.objectstyle.wolips.core.listener.JavaElementChangeListener.elementCh
    anged(Unknown Source)
             at
    org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModelManager$2.run(JavaModelManager.ja
    va:794)
             at
    org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.
    java:867)
             at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:413)

    This isn't visible in the GUI though, so I try to create a new run
    configuration (WOApplication), and run it.
    I then get a panel "Exception occured during launching" and nothing in
    the log.

    I verified that this class is actually there:

       jar tf plugins/org.objectstyle.wolips_1.0.0/lib/woproject.jar
    org/objectstyle/woproject/util/FileStringScanner
    returns:
       org/objectstyle/woproject/util/FileStringScanner.class

    When I look into the "Configuration Details" of Eclipse, it also gives
    me the NoClassDefFoundError stacktrace.

    Any Ideas ?
    Marc