8-bit characters and Eclipse 2.1.1 (off topic)

From: Kaj Hejer (kaj.heje..sit.uio.no)
Date: Sun May 04 2003 - 14:34:01 EDT

    Hi!

    I guess this is a bit off topic for this list, but anyway:

    Has anyone out there had problems with typing 8-bit characters (f.x.
    like ćřĺé) on osx with Eclipse 2.1.1?

    We are using iso-8859-1 as characterset for our javafiles. After a
    while :) I found out how to tell Eclipse to use iso-8859-1 as default
    characterset, so the 8-bit characters that already is in our
    javafiles looks ok, but when I try to type any 8-bit characters I
    just get some small squares, not the characters I try to type.

    Any ideas?

    I'm using Eclipse 2.1.1 with WOLips 1.0.1 on osx 10.2.5 with
    java1.4.1. I haven't tried this in any earlier version of Eclipse.

    -Kaj :)