Re: Problem with deployment of WO App created by Eclipse

From: Christian Mittendorf (christian.mittendor..reenet.de)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 10:45:02 EDT

    That was the problem. I run wotaskd as a special user "wouser" and
    there were some exec and access rights which stopped the app from
    working. After fixing these rights using your tip for catching the apps
    output, it is now working fine. Thanks!

    cu
    cm

    On Donnerstag, Mai 8, 2003, at 04:02 Uhr, Pierre Bernard wrote:

    > Are you sure you have set executable rights on the application startup
    > script.
    >
    > To debug further, don't point JavaMonitor to the generated startup
    > script but to a wrapper script of your own.
    > Anything that goes wron in the startup script gets logged nowhere.
    > Your wrapper script may take care of this. Such a script may look like
    > this:
    >
    > #!/bin/sh
    >
    > ${NEXT_ROOT}/Local/Library/WebObjects/Applications/
    > BopUI_Application.woa/BopUI_Application $*
    > >>${HOME}/appStart/log/monitor/monitorWO5.log 2>&1
    >
    > Bear in mind that when you start an application from withing
    > JavaMonitor it is started in the environment which started wotaskd.
    > Your application may inherit some settings from that environment. Your
    > startup script should be executable by the owner of the wotaskd
    > process.
    >
    > Pierre.

    Mit freundlichen Grüßen

    Christian Mittendorf
    eCommerce Entwicklung

    freenet.de AG
    Deelbögenkamp 4c
    22297 Hamburg
    fon (040) 51306-308, fax (040) 51306-940
    christian.mittendor..reenet-ag.de
    Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates:
    Prof. Dr. Helmut Thoma
    Vorstand: Eckhard Spoerr (Vors.), Axel Krieger
    Amtsgericht Hamburg , HRB 74048