Re: Errors in the WOD editor and EOGenerator, and EOModels

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2006 - 08:11:31 EST

    >> I am getting errors in the WO Component Editor, it is telling me
    >> that my custom component is either missing or does not extend
    >> WOElement. What search criteria is it using to find these
    >> errors? I am positive that it does, because it works when I run
    >> the app. My environment is: I am currently using the latest
    >> version of WOLips as of 3 or 4 days ago on a MBP and eclipse 3.2M5a.
    >
    > It happens when file is missing during the first build. You could
    > get rid of them with a clean build.
    The search criteria is basically what you would expect -- It searches
    everything in your classpath that has the same name as the element
    you declare looking for at least one that has a superclass in its
    type hierarchy of WOElement. There are a couple caching problems
    with errors in wod files, but making any change to the file should
    cause it to remove all errors for the wod and recompute. Make sure
    the class that implements the element type you declared is reachable
    by your project. I've never seen that be wrong (assuming you're
    using a relatively recent build) -- it's always been either me or an
    environmental problem.

    >> Next is anyone working on a right click on EOModel with an eogen
    >> option? Is that why WOLips has a EOGenerator executable path?
    >> Also you guys need to add a template path to that preference
    >> option. If not I will create a request for that one.
    >
    > I think Mike has an answer for that.
    So the eogen support is kind of tentative at the moment. What we
    really need is a per-model setting. At the moment, there's a per-
    project setting. You can set it in the WOLips tab of your project
    (basically fill in the rest of the commandline for EOGenerator). It
    will watch all the eomodels in your project and automatically run the
    eogen path + the project setting. The plan was to have per-model
    settings, but I just never got around to it.

    >> Finally, I am having issues with opening EOmodels from within
    >> eclipse. It keeps wanting to open it with XCode. I have already
    >> changed the file association options in XCode, and I have told the
    >> finder to use EOModeler to open .eomodel bundles.
    >
    > You could drag them on EOModeler.
    If you're telling finder by right-clicking and "Always Open With",
    Finder lies to you. It's evil. Instead, the mojo is Get Info on the
    eomodeld bundle and change "Open With" in that dialog to be old
    EOModeler and select Change All.

    ms