Re: Deployment trouble

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2006 - 17:00:54 EST

    On Mar 24, 2006, at 1:56 PM, Ken Anderson wrote:

    > OK everyone, hopefully this is the last one, but I'm pulling my
    > hair out.

    Chuckle. Ever stop to wonder why it is that we do this for a living?

    > I cannot get the apps built with Eclipse to run under monitor.
    > When I try to launch, I don't even get output in /var/log/
    > webobjects/<APP>-1.log. I've tried everything, including copying
    > the MacOSClassPath.txt from the one built with xcode (that works).

    I'm not clear. What works? The app built with Xcode? The app build
    with Eclipse when using the classpath file from Xcode?

    > I rebooted the server, double checked the launch
    > path...everything. Also, it works fine if I launch from the
    > command line...

    Nothing specific to Eclipse, but when that happens it is often a
    permissions problem. Is something different permission wise between
    the Eclipse and Xcode build?

    Chuck

    --
    Coming in 2006 - an introduction to web applications using WebObjects
    and Xcode     http://www.global-village.net/wointro