Maven settings.xml

From: Clark Mueller (cpmuelle..ac.com)
Date: Tue Jan 01 2008 - 23:48:28 EST

    Hi everyone,

    I've been wanting to give Maven a try. I was going through the
    tutorial on Confluence. I successfully installed Maven and the WOLips
    plug-in. However, I'm getting the following error when I try to run
    "mvn --non-recursive org.objectstyle.woproject.maven2:maven-
    wobootstrap-plugin::bootstrap" to import the WebObjects jars.

    > [INFO] The plugin 'org.objectstyle.woproject.maven2:maven-
    > wobootstrap-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found

    If I try just to import the example projects into Eclipse, it seems to
    try fetching a bunch of jars from the mDimension web site, but this
    does not succeed and the entire process from that point sort of falls
    apart.

     From reading previous list posts on the topic, it appears that I need
    to put an update server or something like that into my ~/.m2/
    settings.xml which used to be listed in the tutorial (http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Add+webobjects+jars+to+the+local+repositiory
    ), however, I don't see a reference to that now. Is this needed, or is
    there something else I should be looking at to fix this?

    Thanks,
    Clark