Re: WO On Windows

From: Ian Joyner (ian.joyne..portstec.com)
Date: Sun Jan 20 2008 - 20:08:30 EST

    On 19/01/2008, at 3:50 AM, mike deavila wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > I have used WO for years on the both Mac and Windows. Lately i have
    > only used the Mac., now that Apple does not support Windows.

    Just in case this is a misunderstanding Apple does not support
    *development* on Windows. Mind you it pretty much doesn't support
    development on Mac either, which is why this list exists. Apple has
    mainly moved in to supporting the deployment environment.

    > In my latest project, I am required to use windows. I have searched
    > the list and someone suggested installing wo5.2 and then copying the
    > jars from WO5.3.
    >
    > This does not sound like a very fun thing to do. Has anyone went
    > through this process? Anyone have any lessons learned, pitfalls,
    > gotchas, a better way?

    By the time you do all this, it'd pretty much pay for the company to
    purchase a Mac for you to develop on so you could deploy on Windows.

    Ian