Re: Missing Scripts and Classpath files

From: David Avendasora (webobject..vendasora.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2008 - 10:38:01 EST

    I'm not trying to deploy from the build. I figured out that the Auto
    Launch Client Application won't work (when clicking on the Run button
    in Eclipse) if you don't have the MyApp_Client script and
    ClasspathClient.txt sitting in build/MyApp.woa/Contents/MacOS
    directory. (see thread entitled "Auto Launch Client Application
    isn't" on the Web Objects Dev list)

    So far as I can tell, I don't need these files in a deployed
    application, only in the build that is used when Running the app in
    Eclipse. But I'm not 100% sure that this is the case. That is why the
    question here to try to figure out what those files are used for and
    when they need to be in there and when they don't and If they are JC-
    specific or not.

    I know as a Java Client developer I'm in the minority of WO
    developers, and I don't expect full support of JC to already be there
    because nobody's probably asked for it before. I'm just trying to
    figure out what does need to be there so I can put in feature
    requests/bug reports so other developers will not run into problem
    after problem when trying to create JC applications in WOLips that I
    have. Xcode was awesome for setting up a new app pointing it at a
    model and having a running application in seconds, but sucked for
    actual development. WOLips is the opposite, but with the right
    templates, build files and such I think we can substantially lower
    the barrier-to-entry that contributes to keeping JC as a fringe tech.

    I'm planning on creating a WOJCApplication template as soon as I have
    enough information on what is different about JC from Web apps. So
    far I've tracked down quite a few differences with the aid of others
    on this list including yourself and Apple representatives and I've
    been documenting them on the Wiki .

    My goal is to get WOLips as good at doing JC apps as it is at doing
    Web apps.

    Dave