Re: moving to VelocityGenerator

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2008 - 13:47:44 EST

    > My to-one relationship declarations are currently coming out like:
    >
    > private com.hexdreams.framework.model.Relationship _relationship;
    >
    > with a template like
    >
    > private ${relationship.actualDestination.classNameWithDefault} _$
    > {relationship.name};
    >
    > which I copied from the example method declaration for to-one
    > relationships. I thought I could just make it:
    >
    > private ${relationship.actualDestination.javaClassName} _$
    > {relationship.name};
    Not sure I follow what the problem is here, but what I'm seeing
    appears correct. Exactly what output are you trying to produce? It
    looks like you're creating ivars for relationships in your model
    classes, which is definitely a bit on the odd side. You probably DO
    want classNameWithDefault here (generally), to support when your
    relationships are to entities of EOGenericRecord type. If your
    complaint is that it's fully qualified, consider that your classes may
    cross packages (very commonly, actually), so the general case is that
    you want fully qualified class names. If you know you will never
    cross model boundaries (again, you will :) typically you're join to
    an entity from a model from another framework, which would cause this)
    then you can use classNameWithoutPackage.

    ms