Re: superunstable

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2008 - 13:29:49 EST

    > I think I agree with David on this. Though I'd vote to add a
    > 'Legacy' for the current 4118 build and make a snapshot before the
    > class-path changes for the 'Release'
    >
    > It'd be really nice if the labels for the build actually mean
    > something rather than 'stable' == 'old and untouched', 'nightly' ==
    > 'use this one if you want bug fixes and new features'.
    The intent is that this is a relatively short term thing. Once this
    classpath stuff is stable, "stable" turns into this build, nightly
    goes back to being "unstable" and this new thing goes away complete. I
    can't rename the existing locations because people have update sites
    pointing to them and it will only cause MORE confusion. The intent
    here is that if you don't know any better, you continue to point to
    the update site you've been pointing to and nothing changes for you
    (you just top getting updates).

    ms