Re: Problem showing project images in app ported from XCode

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2008 - 13:57:14 EST

    On Feb 8, 2008, at 10:40 AM, Alex Cone wrote:

    > so we have a couple basic problems here:

    "we"?

    > 1) getting Eclipse to build the .woa correctly - recognizing all
    > the correct WSR files and constructing the correct directories
    > inside the .woa in the build dir

    Well, let's start off by separating "having image files in the
    project" and "having image files in a specific directory structure in
    the project". It seems you want the latter.

    Have you looked at the Wiki?
    http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/How+to+add+an+image
    +to+a+Component

    > 2) while running in Eclipse in "direct connect" mode, having the
    > WOResourceManager find the files and serve them up properly

    Probably more of an Incremental Builder question than anything and I
    don't use it (not a moral position, just a statement of fact).

    > 3) having the ant build tasks that do a deployment build function
    > properly and produce the correct files.

    Did you read my message yesterday?

    > I'm not a huge fan of the "split install" approach, but sometimes
    > you do have apps constructed that way and Eclipse/WOLips should
    > work as expected...
    >
    > Anyone have any thoughts?

    Some more details on exactly what structure you have set up and what
    results are you getting vs what you expect could be useful...

    Chuck