Re: Stupid Ant Question

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2008 - 15:31:10 EST

    Am 11.02.2008 um 21:02 schrieb Pierce T. Wetter III:

    > The way this is done currently is we have these scary totally
    > undocumented ant files, one called build.xml and one called
    > generic.xml. Somehow, they managed to build everything, in general
    > because the first build.xml knows what has to be built in what
    > order, and then it uses generic.xml to force projects to build.

    Sounds like a good plan ! :P

    Now that woproject and ant stabilized a bit more, you can just "update
    build.xml" and then create a top-level build that manages the deps.
    But with more than - say - a dozen parts, I'd probably sill use the
    generic.xml aproach or use maven.

    It's just easier when all the config info is in one file (build.xml)
    and individual build changes are also managed in one place only
    (genenric.xml).

    > That is, until I decided to add a framework to hold all our 3rd
    > party jars, instead of just dumping crap into /Library/Java/
    > Extensions.

    The names sound pretty familiar.... if that stuff is anything like
    Wonder, you just add the framework to generic/build.application/
    framework and add a early extra build for your framework jar. Look at
    Wonder/Build/build/build.xml...

    Cheers, Anjo