Re: wobuild.properties NOT used by Wonder build files

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2008 - 16:43:53 EST

    you can edit Build/build/generic.xml and change

             <property name="wo.woroot" value="/System" />

             <property name="wo.woroot" value="${wo.wosystemroot}" />

    and see if this works. If It does, I'll change it in the code. My
    guess is that this part of wonder predates woproject's handling by a
    huge margin...

    Cheers, Anjo

    Am 14.02.2008 um 22:09 schrieb Archibal Singleton:

> [...]
    >>
    >>> IIRC, you just set:
    >>>
    >>> wo.wosystemroot=/some/place/or/other
    >>>
    >>> where /some/place/or/other/Library/Frameworks/ has all the WO
    >>> stuff in it.
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    >> ie I've replace all occurences of /System on the right side of the
    >> assignments with the location for my 53 System Frameworks because
    >> just setting wo.wosystemroot=/Users/tmk/Library/WebObjects/53/
    >> System didn't work.
    >>
    >> Problem is it doesn't seem to be working either.
    >>
    >> Please see below the output of issuing: ant frameworks
    >>
    >> Apparently the the WO system frameworks can't be found? I've double-
    >> checked and the paths in the wobuild.properties file are correct.
    >>
    >> I guess I must be missing something obvious :-(
    >
    > First I need to clarify that what failed to build was the *Wonder*
    > source. I'm using Wonder source as per http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WONDER/Working+with+Wonder+source+in+Eclipse
    >
    > To answer my own questions, what I was missing which is NOT obvious
    > IMHO is that AFAIK the Wonder Ant build files do not use ~/
    > Wobuild.properties :-(.
    >
    > Instead they are using their own set of properties files.
    >
    > After learning Ant (sooner that I'd wished) and then reading Wonder
    > Ant build files I realised that Wonder uses the following properties
    > files:
    > ${user.home}/build.wonder.properties and ${user.home}/
    > build.properties. I only tested with the first one where I set
    > wo.woroot to point to my folder with the WO System Frameworks and
    > Wonder built then built like usual.
    >
    > Wonder's BUILD.txt file which only mention ~/wobuild.properties may
    > be misleading in this regard.
    >
    > OTOH, the build.xml that's included to build new projects created by
    > WOLips and WOLips itself *do* use the ~/wobuild.properties so if
    > someone already had the Wonder stuff built, changing wo.wosystemroot
    > as instructed above does work.
    >
    > Maybe it would less confusing if the same properties were used
    > everywhere, and the unused stuff removed (or at least marked as
    > deprecated)
    >
    > Funny thing is I found the following exchange between Mike and Anjo
    > where Mike allude to the fact that wo.woroot is deprecated.
    > Well not in Project Wonder it would seem (I'm tracking Wonder CVS,
    > so my version is a few days old at max)
    >
    > ---
    >
    > On 05 Dec 2007, at 06:14, Anjo Krank wrote:
    >
    >> I was wondering about that, too. It may be that the wo.dir ones
    >> where thought of as a consolidated namespace thing that was never
    >> implemented.
    >>
    >> Cheers, Anjo
    >>
    >> Am 05.12.2007 um 10:05 schrieb Mike Schrag:
    >>
    >>> There are a lot of crazy wobuild.properties flying around and all
    >>> the examples have 500 different paths in them that all look the
    >>> same ... I did some searching on the source, and it APPEARS that
    >>> the only settings that are even used are:
    >>>
    >>> wo.woroot (which is basically deprecated in favor of wosystemroot/
    >>> wolocalroot)
    >>> wo.wosystemroot
    >>> wo.wolocalroot
    >>> wo.homeroot