Re: [OS-JIRA] Closed: (WOL-722) Selecting a framework in "System" that is also in "Local" doesn't work

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2008 - 13:49:29 EST

    Am 21.02.2008 um 18:21 schrieb Guido Neitzer:

    > On 21.02.2008, at 10:11, Mike Schrag wrote:
    >
    >> The new code doesn't FIX this, btw ... It makes it more explicit.
    >> The new UI would just simply not let you pick JavaWOExtensions from
    >> System -- it would only show "JavaWOExtension Local Frameworks".
    >
    > Which is at least the right user interface for the currently
    > existing "feature" - which I still can't find any good. It might be
    > okay as long as there is no name conflict between a System framework
    > and a user installed one (which was a bad idea in the first place).

    Nope. It was actually a good idea at the time. Apple bla, not fixing
    bugs bla.

    The bad idea on Apple's part was to open-source it *and* use it in the
    system frameworks *and* not put it in /Lib/Fra.

    The other problem is the brain-dead way apps are launched. The should
    simply specify a set of deps and maybe a version and not rely on paths
    like they do now.

    I was considering if we should either leave it out from wonder or
    overwrite the system frameworks. Both have severe consequences, either
    for existing or future users... damned if you do, damned if you don't...

    Cheers, Anjo