Cross Model SQL Generation Exception

From: Bernard Bradley (berney..ac.com)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2008 - 20:07:08 EST

    I have four models ported from EOModeller. Three of the models have
    some form of cross model reference. The fourth model is referenced
    by another model, but does not reference anything external to it.
    They all use the same set of prototypes.

    I have ported all to Entity Modeler and the frameworks/app to
    Eclipse. The everything builds and app was running fine. I then
    made modifications to the three models that have the cross-
    references, adding some attributes and entities. I worked around the
    cross model issues discussed here: http://wiki.objectstyle.org/
    confluence/display/WOL/mail/524445 and I'm using model group files to
    make sure everything is referenced when I open Entity Modeler.

    When I try to generate the SQL from Entity Modeler, I get the
    following exception. If I uncheck the "Create Tables" the generation
    will work, but what I'm really trying to do is create the SQL needed
    to update my database :(

    The fourth model can generate SQL just fine, so I am assuming my
    prototypes are fine.

    java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Integer
            at
    com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.JDBCExpression.columnTypeStringForAttribute
    (JDBCExpression.java:293)
            at
    com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.PostgresqlExpression.columnTypeStringForAttri
    bute(PostgresqlExpression.java:293)
            at
    com.webobjects.eoaccess.EOSQLExpression.addCreateClauseForAttribute
    (EOSQLExpression.java:2498)
            at
    com.webobjects.eoaccess.EOSynchronizationFactory.createTableStatementsFo
    rEntityGroup(EOSynchronizationFactory.java:318)
            at
    com.webobjects.eoaccess.EOSynchronizationFactory.createTableStatementsFo
    rEntityGroups(EOSynchronizationFactory.java:487)
            at
    com.webobjects.eoaccess.EOSynchronizationFactory.schemaCreationStatement
    sForEntities(EOSynchronizationFactory.java:951)
            at
    com.webobjects.eoaccess.EOSynchronizationFactory.schemaCreationScriptFor
    Entities(EOSynchronizationFactory.java:747)
            at
    org.objectstyle.wolips.eomodeler.sql.EOFSQLGenerator.getSchemaCreationSc
    ript(EOFSQLGenerator.java:389)
    (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
            at
    org.objectstyle.wolips.eomodeler.actions.GenerateSQLDialog.generateSql
    (Unknown Source)
            at org.objectstyle.wolips.eomodeler.actions.GenerateSQLDialog$1.run
    (Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

    Any help / ideas will be greatly appreciated.

    Berney