New Stuff

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Sun Feb 24 2008 - 23:39:26 EST

    OK .. Yeah, I know I wasn't going to add things until after the
    classpath changes, but classpath management is no fun, so ...

    Template Bread Crumb Trail

    As you navigate around your template, the breadcrumb updates. Single-
    clicking selects the particular element, double-clicking opens the
    particular component (if it's a WO). There's also a slightly
    different styling for the sash -- a darker line, vs just a same-color-
    as-background bar, so it's more obvious where you need to grab to
    resize the sash.

    WOD/HTML Sizing

    When you shrink the WOD view down below its minimum size it will now
    blank out (rather than just be a garbage-looking compressed form.
    Additionally, the size of the WOD and HTML portion of the component
    editor is saved when you make changes, so if you only use inline
    bindings, you can resize the HTML view to its maximum and you don't
    have to mess with it ever again.

    Bindings Inspector (Not Finished)

    The bindings inspector (ala WOB) is in the WO Perspective by default
    now (you can Reset Perspective to pick it up, along with Console,
    which is now added by default). Currently you can only edit the
    component name and type, but the rest should be coming soon. This
    refreshes as you navigate around the template as well. Name and type
    only commit when the text field loses focus at the moment -- I might
    that to a live update, though.

    Add Key / Add Action

    If you cmd-click on a missing binding value in a WOD or inline binding
    (restricted to keys, not key paths), it will open the Add Key or Add
    Action dialog. The determination of which to open right now depends
    on having a correct API file that defines the type as "Actions," or in
    the absence of a correct API file, any binding named "action" will
    open the Add Action dialog.

    I don't have a WOB available, so I just had to guess at exactly what
    all the settings do, but the behavior should be reasonable. The list
    of types in Add Key come from your model (which I think is how WOB
    worked, though I suspect we should support more generalized type
    selection). You can type any class name in the type field and it will
    resolve it, so it doesn't HAVE to be an entity name. You also don't
    have to fully qualify the name -- if it can resolve the packageless
    name without ambiguity it will use it.

    If you select Array of Mutable Array of ... and your project it set to
    a source level of 1.5+, it will use generics on the NSArray.
    Similarly for Add Action, if you are using 1.5+, it will use Wonder's
    ERXComponent shortcut "Whatever nextPage =
    pageWithName(Whatever.class);". I might add a Wonder-specific check,
    but you should add that shortcut from WOnder into your component
    classes, anyway, because it's really nice :)

    Right now the type combo doesn't have any options in it -- that will
    be coming. So you have to just type the name. If you choose
    WOComponent or WOActionResults it will generate a method that just
    returns null rather than attempting to lookup a component.

    You can also get to Add Key... and Add Action... via the
    Edit=>Refactor menu rather than cmd-clicking a missing binding value,
    btw.

    ms