Re: I just thought this looked cool

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2008 - 17:04:45 EST

    >> I'm not sure how they determine which ones are actions compared to
    >> just regular "get" methods. No way they looked at the inheritance
    >> hierarchy to only show methods that extend from WOActionResults
    >> (and even though we can do that easily, it's really expensive to
    >> actually do that).
    >
    > I'd be guessing they did.
    Should be relatively straightforward to test ... Subclass WOComponent
    as CommonComponent (but don't make a .wo), and have an action method
    that declares its type signature as returning CommonComponent.
    There's no .wo to match it against, so WO would have to walk the
    inheritance tree to know that's a WOActionResults. It's mostly
    academic, but I am a little curious. If anyone has a WOB around and
    wants to try this to see, I'd be interested to know the results.

    ms