Re: Entity Modeler and embedded derby

From: David Holt (programmingos..ac.com)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2008 - 10:32:50 EST

    Definitely take this issue to Webobjects-de..ists.apple.com

    I tried Apple's example code out when I first installed Leopard on my
    home machine. I found it difficult to get Derby to run and posted my
    problems to the Apple list. You'll find a few posts in the archive of
    the webobjects-dev list. For example: http://lists.apple.com/archives/webobjects-dev/2007/Nov/msg00523.html
    .

    You could also have a look on the wiki, I think there might be
    something there. Yup there is: http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WO/WO+5.4+Getting+Started

    I realize that Apple's example code is now configured to run on Derby,
    but that has little to do with learning/running WO. Try taking another
    tack. The community has put together some screencasts (search the
    iTunes music store for the podcast) and tutorials that I would use to
    get going if I was just starting out. The Apple example code should
    run with the information you find in the list archive, but it won't be
    the most useful training material that is out there for you to use.

    http://taoofwo.org/

    David