Re: Entity Modeler and embedded derby

From: David LeBer (dlebe..odeferous.com)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2008 - 11:36:56 EST

    On 28-Feb-08, at 10:32 AM, David Holt wrote:

    > Definitely take this issue to Webobjects-de..ists.apple.com
    >
    > I tried Apple's example code out when I first installed Leopard on
    > my home machine. I found it difficult to get Derby to run and posted
    > my problems to the Apple list. You'll find a few posts in the
    > archive of the webobjects-dev list. For example: http://lists.apple.com/archives/webobjects-dev/2007/Nov/msg00523.html
    > .
    >
    > You could also have a look on the wiki, I think there might be
    > something there. Yup there is: http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WO/WO+5.4+Getting+Started
    >
    > I realize that Apple's example code is now configured to run on
    > Derby, but that has little to do with learning/running WO. Try
    > taking another tack. The community has put together some screencasts
    > (search the iTunes music store for the podcast) and tutorials that I
    > would use to get going if I was just starting out. The Apple example
    > code should run with the information you find in the list archive,
    > but it won't be the most useful training material that is out there
    > for you to use.
    >
    > http://taoofwo.org/

    I've got nothing to say about Derby. But the content of that page is a
    little old and the updated version is here: <http://www.wocommunity.org/getting_started_with_webobjects.html

    Better yet, the owner of taoofwo should redirect to that page. Oh,
    wait, that would be me... Ok done.

    ;david

    --
    David LeBer