Re: [Wonder-disc] Grabbag of quick questions about Eclipse/WOLips/Webobjects

From: Louis Demers (louisdemer..ac.com)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2008 - 23:52:16 EST

    On 28-Feb-08, at 23:12 , Mike Schrag wrote:

    >> 1) WOLips/Entity Modeler: When I edit a fetch specification, the
    >> text field is very small so I put a carriage return after each and
    >> clause to put them on different lines. After a save they are all
    >> replaced by space and everything is on a long line. In fact the
    >> Properties Tab is too small and does not stretch to provide larger
    >> scroll area for entities.
    > All Entity Modeler properties sections scale vertically now.

    here is what i mean. When editing a fetchspec, the area where the
    entities is vertically very shallow despite allocating lots of space
    to the pane. It makes for editing the fetchspec very awkward,
    specially when using the triangle to disclose some of the properties
    of the entities.

    This capture also show that if i have a very long qualifier string, it
    horizontally force right the scroll area. To expose the scroll thumb
    of the entities list, i have to scroll horizontally or stretch the
    pane horizontally very wide.

    To compensate, i put returns after each 'and' to put the qualifiers on
    separate lines but closing and open the view swaps all the returns for
    spaces and it's back to square one!

    >> 2) WOLips: Build Path dialog. When I edit a Library, If I resize
    >> the window, the content does not resize, everything stays at the
    >> same place and I'm stuck with just a small scrolling list.
    > Same here.

    here is how mine looks. It's not that bad as I do not play with build
    path that often.

    > ms

    Louis Demers eng.
    www.obzerv.com