Re: .classpath changes in version 4896

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Fri Feb 29 2008 - 16:32:19 EST

    > Apologies... stable.equals(nightly), stable != nightly. So yes, at
    > this instant (well not anymore, because i committed to nightly
    > already), stable is the same as nightly, but stable is stable, and
    > will be for a while. Stable was stable for 8 months before this,
    > it's just that Leopard sort of ruined messed everything up.
    I'm thinking there should be a "stable," "preview," and "nightly"
    build. "stable" would be where everyone who just likes things to
    "work the work they work" can use. People who like cool new features,
    but don't want TOTALLY broken stuff can update off of "preview," and
    "nightly" is like dudes chasing oiled pigs. This new classpath stuff
    is a good example. I actually have mostly working patches for a large
    part of it, so I can commit that to nightly, get it integrated,
    promote it to preview for daring folks (who still need to get work
    done) can update from and work with it. If there are any issues, they
    can always go back down to stable, but I can still continue to add
    riskier features on nightly.

    ms