Re: D2WS: Can't obtain rules because of protected access!

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2008 - 13:17:09 EDT

    On Apr 2, 2008, at 1:38 AM, webtecc wrote:

    > Hi Chuck,
    >
    > On 31.03.2008, at 19:35, Chuck Hill wrote:
    >> IIRC, this does not run on 5.4. Check the release notes
    >
    > I checked the release notes for 5.4 and 5.4.1. Apart from a
    > serialization issue with
    > timestamps and upgrade to Axis 1.4, I find nothing about breaking
    > the D2WS assistant
    > or D2WS in general. Do you recall where that information came from?

    It might have been the D2W assistant. Or I might be having a false
    memory. :-)

    >> As for the exception, do you have anything WO related in /Library/
    >> Java/Extensions?
    >
    > Nothing. I had OpenBaseJDBC.jar there, but moving it in with the rest
    > in ~/Library/Java/Extensions changed nothing. It seems you have a
    > hunch

    Anjo posted the real problem and solution yesterday.

    But as you asked...

    > though, so here the list of jars in ~/Library/Java/Extensions:
    >
    > MtBdLFRo.ttf
    > MtBkLFRo.ttf
    > MySQLJDBC.jar
    > OpenBaseJDBC.jar
    > ReportMill9.jar
    > activation.jar
    > avida-fonts.jar
    > commons-beanutils.jar
    > commons-collections-3.2.jar
    > commons-digester-1.8.jar
    > commons-logging-1.1.jar
    > itext-2.0.1.jar
    > jdepend-2.9.1.jar
    > jregex1.2_01.jar
    > junit-4.1.jar
    > junit3.8.1.jar
    > mysql-connector-java-5.1.0-bin.jar
    > poi-3.0-alpha3-20070308.jar
    > poi-contrib-3.0-alpha3-20070308.jar
    > poi-scratchpad-3.0-alpha3-20070308.jar
    > postgresql-8.0-320.jdbc2.jar
    > serializer.jar

    I'd be very, very reluctant to have most of those loaded by the Java
    Extension classloader. The Extensions directories are NOT a good
    place to dump random jar files. They are for extensions to the core
    Java API, things like JDBC drivers. Using these directories also
    makes dependancy management more difficult.

    Chuck