Re: Problem generating sql with postgres

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2008 - 18:18:19 EDT

    > I am trying to generate the sql for the model and get the exception
    > below. In the dialog it complains that "Unable to find type
    > information for external type 'decimal' in attribute 'amount' of
    > entity 'DiscountRule'. Check spelling and capitalization."
    You know, I get this from the postgresql amount prototype as well ...
    Anjo does not, and I'm not sure why. If I change the prototype
    definition from "decimal" to "numeric" (which is supposed to be an
    alias of "decimal") it works properly. This must be version
    differences or something. Try changing the definition of the decimal
    postgresql prototypes in ERPrototypes to numeric also and see if that
    works for you?

    Oh, you're 5.4 ... Postgresql is not going to generate proper SQL in
    5.4, probably. This isn't fixed until the next WO release.

    ms