RE: WOLips on Windows [was RE: Eclipse update sites]

From: Bill Michell (bill.michel..bc.co.uk)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2008 - 12:35:24 EDT

    No - the WO5.4.1 _WOLaunchServices class no longer even tries to find
    the WOOpenUrl.exe file. It just goes straight to "/usr/bin/open" with no
    extension - which is never going to work on Windows.

    Fortunately, WOApplication declares _WOLaunchServices _lanchServices as
    public and not final, so it is possible to drop in a replacement.
    Unfortunately, the critical method is declared as private so can't be
    overridden - so there is a lot of work to do if you want to craft your
    own replacement :-(

    It does sound like this is something that WOLips should be doing
    itself...

    --
    Bill Michell
    Development Team Leader, Broadcast Platforms, BBC FM&T (Journalism).

    From: John Huss [mailto:johnthus..mail.com] Sent: 10 April 2008 16:26 To: woproject-de..bjectstyle.org Subject: Re: WOLips on Windows [was RE: Eclipse update sites]

    If AutoOpenInBrowser it's usually because you're missing the WOOpenUrl executable. This isn't available after 5.3 but you can easily create an exe and opens the default web browser to the correct url and put the exe in the right spot to make it work.

    Also, I think I remember seeing that WOOpenUrl wasn't even included in a fresh install on 5.4 on Mac, but I could be wrong.

    Personally, I think it would be great if WOLips provided a way to launch the browser with the correct url instead of relying on WO to do it. It seems like something that should be the IDE's responsibility.

    John