Re: Warning icon

From: Q (qdola..mail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2008 - 19:05:05 EDT

    On 12/04/2008, at 6:45 AM, Ricardo Parada wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > In my project a lot of WO compenents show with a warning icon (!) in
    > the WO Package Explorer. However, when I open them there are really
    > no errors/warnings. Even if I do a clean build of all the
    > projects. I'm running the nightly WOLips (actually maybe about a
    > week old nightly to be precise). But I've always had this problem.

    I would guess it's possibly a WOO encoding mismatch warning, this is a
    relatively new validation feature of wolips. You won't see any
    warnings in the component when you open it in this case because it's
    not a code issue, it's an eclipse configuration issue. That type of
    warning happens when your eclipse encoding settings for wo/html/wod
    don't match whatever is in the .woo file. A simple way to fix this,
    assuming you don't use any special encoding types, is to open the
    properties of your 'Components' folder and set the encoding type to
    'UTF-8' or whatever charset is in your .woo files (don't try and set
    it to the Obj-C NS* version of the charset names, it must be the Java
    name for the charset).

    > Anyways, I was wondering, if there anywhere I can look to see if
    > there are any warnings for the component? I can look in the
    > Problems tab in eclipse but that is difficult to search. Or maybe
    > it's just me that I don't know why. :-) Does anybody know?

    Click the little icon in the top right of the problems window that
    looks like three arrows pointing to the right, this is the "Configure
    Filters..." dialogue. You can configure filters or search to only show
    select results or filter ones you are not interested in.

    --
    Seeya...Q

    Quinton Dolan - qdola..mail.com Gold Coast, QLD, Australia (GMT+10) Ph: +61 419 729 806