Re: Problem building 5.3 .woa on Leopard

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2008 - 13:56:07 EDT

    On Apr 17, 2008, at 10:51 AM, Ken Anderson wrote:

    > On Apr 17, 2008, at 12:58 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:
    >

    >> On Apr 16, 2008, at 7:59 PM, Ken Anderson wrote:
    >>
    >>> Everyone,
    >>>
    >>> I am having trouble getting the right startup script (at least,
    >>> that's one of the problems) being built by WOLips 3.3.4763 to work
    >>> with a server with 5.3 installed running under Monitor. When I
    >>> compare the .woa from a machine that has never had xcode 3.1
    >>> installed, the startup scripts are significantly different. I
    >>> made sure to replace all my frameworks with the 5.3 frameworks,
    >>> but still no help.
    >>
    >> I _think_ what you are seeing is actually the 5.2 startup script.
    >> WOLips looks for some file (?) and if it is not there, assumes it
    >> is on a 5.3 system. Now if only I could recall which file that
    >> was. Mike might, we were looking at this a couple of months
    >> back. I remember that much...
    >>

    >>> Can someone point me in the right direction of where the source
    >>> data is for the script generation? My guess is I'm getting
    >>> something from 5.4...
    >>>
    >>> By the way, if I run the script from the command line, the app
    >>> works fine. The problem is just running it from Monitor.
    >>

    >> Hmm, that might be a different problem. Exactly what error are you
    >> seeing? Something to do with HOST?
    >
    > I'm not seeing any error - it just doesn't start from Monitor, and
    > doesn't even start a log. The age old way to solve this, launching
    > from the command line with the same args, works fine!
    >
    > I'm going to check the path that Mike replied with...

    Have you edited the SpawnOfWotaskd script?
    Step 1: Edit wotaskd's App Launch Script

    sudo emacs /System/Library/WebObjects/JavaApplications/wotaskd.woa/
    Contents/Resources/SpawnOfWotaskd.sh
    Next, change the contents from this:

    #!/bin/sh

    ..1>/dev/null 2>&1 &
    To this:

    #!/bin/sh

    ..1>>/tmp/woapplaunch.log 2>>/tmp/wothreaddump.log &
    Now restart the instance from JavaMonitor.

    Chuck