Re: Configuring identical Eclipse/WOLips settings on multiple computers

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Mon Apr 21 2008 - 14:58:11 EDT

    > I'm not impressed with Eclipse' support for multiple developers
    > sharing the same workspace and/or project settings.
    As you said above, .settings is per-project and is actually intended
    to be committed to version control. For instance, in Wonder, we
    commit the coding style preferences so that everyone gets the same
    style settings for reformatting, etc.

    For workspace settings, you should NOT copy the .metadata folder to
    multiple people -- it's going to cause all sorts of strange problems.
    The metadata folder is not just workspace settings, but also things
    like local revision history, etc. The proper way to do this is to
    File=>Export=>Preferences and File=>Import=>Preferences. Any failings
    in this procedure are most likely WOLips-specific and you should log
    bugs for it.

    You can also export Team Project Sets (I think is what they're called)
    if you want to share a set of predefined project checkouts.

    ms