Does EOF support view sql statements or ...

From: Stefan Andiel (stefan.andie..mx.de)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 11:57:02 EDT

    Dear list,

    in my application there is a page, which shows tasks. So in my model is
    also a entity called Task. This entity is associated to other entities,
    like CallCenterEmployee, Customer, Incident, etc.
    When I declare a fetch onto task, EOF gathering all objects which are
    connectet to the object path. Due to the problem that entities which are
    associated to Customer are huge I gotg a long response tine.
    But only to show this piece of information, I don't need the deep
    objects of these entities.

    Now my question.
    I declare a View Statement to my frontbase database. Is it possible to
    use the genereated objects as inner class in the task page. If so the I
    would ty to load a task by its id, or at the other hand
    is it possible to set a fetch to a limited deepness? AFAIK I can only
    the a fetch with deepp search or not, but not with a limit.

    Thanks in advance
    Stefan

    --
    Dipl.-Inform. Stefan Andiel

    Starhealthcare GmbH

    Pierstraße 8, 50997 Köln Fon: +49 2236 33 66 5-50 Fax: +49 2236 33 66 5-90 http://www.starhealthcare.info

    Geschäftsführer: Michael Klennert, Peter Brimmers Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln, Amtsgericht Köln, Reg.Nr.: HRB 55306