Re: Does EOF support view sql statements or ...

From: William Hatch (wh7..ornell.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 13:46:42 EDT

    Hi Stefan,

    There's two (at least) answers here. First, EOF will support db views
    as Entities, so if you want to transfer the weight of organizing the
    data onto the db, this is a good solution. Second, it sounds like
    you're asking about how to limit the amount of eo object creation and
    faulting happening with the entities related to the primary entity
    (Task) of the fetch in question. Check your prefetch settings in the
    model for all the relationships in question. If you're not displaying
    any of that data, then it shouldn't be a big deal. If you're using
    keys into a relationship for the qualifier, then solution one may be
    best. Also, you may want to combine option one with raw rows fetching
    and craft your own logic to convert from view dictionary to Task EO;
    this may help realize some significant performance benefits.

    Bill