Re: Embedded Frameworks missing jars

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Tue May 13 2008 - 13:44:30 EDT

    >> After a couple of hours I found out, that I had those frameworks
    >> installed in /Developer/WebObjects53/Library/Frameworks, due to
    >> using woswitch.sh and running a local deploy last week. The
    >> frameworks in the Eclipse workspace are completely ignored. Is this
    >> the intended behaviour?
    >>
    >> So now the procedure consists of going to each of my own frameworks
    >> required and deploy it, then run the application build script. Or
    >> am I missing something?
    >
    > That is what I do. When I go to deploy, I do a full, deep clean of
    > everything and rebuild it to ensure that I know what I am deploying.
    I have a script that essentially does this on the build server, but
    it's basically the same process. The problem here is that we don't
    really know where you are building into, or even if your build.xml is
    actually making a valid framework or application, so it's very hard
    for Eclipse to deploy a framework or app from your eclipse project
    itself. The only way to do this consistently, I think, is to either
    enforce more strict build locations or get rid of build.xml entirely
    and provide a custom build task that does EVERYTHING so the entire
    process is controlled by us. There are problems with both ...

    ms