Possible Drag & Drop Feature Req

From: David Avendasora (webobject..vendasora.com)
Date: Wed May 14 2008 - 09:10:00 EDT

    Hi all (mostly Mike),

    I have an idea to extend the drag-and-drop functionality that Mike has
    added for setting bindings on WO tags.

    If you drag and drop an item from the Bindings Tab to an insertion
    point in the HTML where there isn't a WO tag, would it be possible to
    pop up a list of all the possible WO tags that would work with the
    dragged item's type? This would be the same as popping up a list of
    possible bindings when dropped on a WO tag.

    For all attributes, the normal thing to insert would be a WOString tag
    and automatically bind the item to the value binding. For anything
    that is an array, it could give a choice of inserting a WORepitition
    or a WOPopUpButton with the array joined to the list binding.

    This would eliminate an extra step of having to first insert the WO
    tag, then do the bindings. You'd still have to drag-and-drop other
    bindings, but this would streamline the process quite a bit.

    That and for all us drag-and-droppers, it would make WOLips actually
    _easier_ to use than WOBuilder!

    What do people think?

    I'd be happy to add this as a feature request, I just want to know
    what others think first.

    Dave