SQL Generation calls static methods on generated classes?!

From: Juergen Lorenz Simon (simo..ebtecc.com)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2008 - 06:31:45 EDT

    Hi,

    I'm a little gobsmacked to discover, that my SQL generation in WOLips
    EOModeler failed,
    because some code in static methods I added to the generated java
    classes were being
    called. The methods in question have the following signature.

    public static final String primaryKeyAttribute();
    public static final String primaryKeyColumn();

    Please forgive me if I am being slow, but how the heck did those
    methods end up being
    called? What does SQL generation have to do with the generated class
    files?

    Hoping for enlightenment,
    J.L.Simon