Eclipse heap size

From: David Holt (programmingos..ac.com)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2008 - 20:08:42 EDT

    Following advice here and on the intertubes I have set my ./
    Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/eclipse.ini to:

    -showsplash
    org.eclipse.platform
    -vmargs
    -Xms512m
    -Xmx512m
    -XX:+UseParallelGC
    -XX:PermSize=128M
    -XX:MaxPermSize=128M
    -Xdock:icon=../Resources/Eclipse.icns
    -XstartOnFirstThread
    -Dorg.eclipse.swt.internal.carbon.smallFonts
    -Dorg.eclipse.swt.internal.carbon.noFocusRing

    When I display the heap size in Eclipse it always maxes out at 64M. A
    full Wonder install dumps this faster than I can blink. Any idea what
    I might be doing wrong as it is not picking up changes in the .ini file.

    Eclipse 3.3.2 MacOS 10.4.11 3GB RAM if it matters.

    Starting from the command line with the -vmargs works fine ...

    Thanks,

    David