Re: How do create eo java files

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2008 - 08:22:31 EDT

  • Next message: Anjo Krank: "Re: r5216 - in trunk/woproject/wolips/core/plugins: org.objectstyle.wolips.eomodeler.core/lib org.objectstyle.wolips.eomodeler.core/wojava/org/objectstyle/wolips/eomodeler/core/sql org.objectstyle.wolips.eomodeler.eclipse/java/org/objectstyle/wolips/eomodeler/eclipse"

    > On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 2:51 PM, mike deavila <objcma..mail.com>
    > wrote:
    >> I just started looking at WOLips and Entity Modeler and i have a
    >> very basic question, how
    >> do i create the eo java files in Entity Modeler? This is a very
    >> simple process with eomodeler.
    >
    > Take a look at following from the wiki:
    >
    > http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Velocity+EOGenerator+%28Veogen%29
    If you're just starting out, this tutorial makes is sound really
    complicated, pay attention to:

    "Note: There is actually no need to download Mike's templates as
    described below unless you want to customize them. WOLips includes two
    sets of default templates in the .jar files (so don't bother searching
    your file system for them) - one as described below and another for
    use with WOnder. If you are using WOnder, you need to follow Mike's
    instructions for their use: "Where it says "Entity.java" and
    "_Entity.java" you can use WonderEntity.java and
    _WonderEntity.java ... If your individual .eogen files override that,
    you will have to set it in there also". If you leave the "EOGenerator
    Template Folder" field empty, it will use the default templates..."

    If you just want to use the defaults, and you have an existing model,
    I believe you can just:

    * one time, you need to right-click on model "Create EOGenerator
    File" (to create a default eogen file)
    * either make a change to your model and save, or right-click on
    the .eogen file=>EOGenerate

    and that should be it.

    ms