Re: lowercase table column name feature

From: David Avendasora (webobject..vendasora.com)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2008 - 10:56:52 EDT

    What is interesting is that for renaming Entity Modeler is now pretty
    smart. From the WOLips Blog:

    Entity Modeler is much slicker about how it does live rename syncing.
    If you use infix caps, prefix caps, underscores, all uppercase, all
    lowercase, and several combinations of these, synced renames
    understand that. For example, if your attribute is named "firstName"
    and your column name is "first_name" if you rename the attribute to
    "personFirstName" it will sync-as-you-type the column name to be
    "person_first_name". It will also try to guess what it should use
    based on other attributes and entities in your model. There are still
    some things it misses, but it should be a much citizen in non-infix-
    caps database environments.

    Now if Mike could just get EM to accept a preference for how you want
    names parsed on a model by model basis so you could say make my column
    names ENTITY_NAME or Entity_Name or entity_name or entityName or
    EntityName or etc...

    That would be slick, but since he's at WWDC, and it's the WO sessions
    today, there's _no way_ he could do that anytime soon.

    ;-P

    Dave