Re: how SHOULD it look

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2008 - 03:16:39 EDT

    Am 18.06.2008 um 08:50 schrieb Mike Schrag:

    > I've been experimenting some with Eclipse's emulated tabs on OS
    > X ... This is the tabs with an implementation of the Safari tab style:

    Not nice :(

    a) the tabs in safari are for documents, not "info panels" which is
    what the tabs in the lower part are.
    b) the icons are important info and the text is very hard to read

    > look basically like Windows ... (Also, we'll probably swap the X and
    > icon. Right now I'm skipping the icon draw -- I'm not convinced
    > they even add anything, though).

    The swap is OK, no icon is not.

    > The big question here is whether Eclipse would look silly if you
    > actually showed all the grab handles (which would be between every
    > single view). It's technically TRUE, though. Mail app mixes thick
    > and thin style split panes:

    No thick split handles. Screen estate in Eclipse is a *really* scarce
    resource.

    Cheers, Anjo