Re: how SHOULD it look

From: Christian Brunschen (c..f.lth.se)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2008 - 11:59:24 EDT

    On 18 Jun 2008, at 16:54, Anjo Krank wrote:

    > Am 18.06.2008 um 16:23 schrieb Mike Schrag:
    >
    >> I don't think OS X uses icons on tabs in any app I've ever seen.
    >
    > Hah! Little do you know! Lookz here:

    Well, that's not 'OS X' using icons in any of its apps - that's a
    third-party app with an almost-OS-X-but-not-quite UI.

    > <pastedGraphic.png>
    >
    > And frankly, I could do with truncated text ([Decl…][Sync…]) as long
    > as they have icons.

    The main things I find sad about tabs on OS X is that there isn't a
    way to shift the 'visible window' of tabs - it's always the first N
    tabs that are visible, with the overflow on a menu at the right end of
    the tab bar. What if I'm working on the right-most subset? Yes, I
    could reorder the tabs, but ...

    > Cheers, Anjo

    // Christian Brunschen