Re: Entity Modeler "spinning"

From: Patrick Robinson (pg..t.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2008 - 09:14:30 EDT

    On Jun 25, 2008, at 6:18 PM, Q wrote:

    > On 26/06/2008, at 1:21 AM, Patrick Robinson wrote:
    >
    >> OK - I have a bit more info re: this problem:
    >>
    >> I rolled back my wolips version by deleting the newer wolips
    >> features and plugins from the eclipse dir, then I installed 5241.
    >> But I had the same problem ("Save" taking up to two minutes to
    >> complete) with 5241. So then I rolled it all the way back to
    >> 5224, which is the version I was running prior to my installation
    >> of 5266 (I first encountered the excessively long save problem
    >> after installing 5266).
    >>
    >> 5224 does NOT cause the problem for me. Save occurs almost
    >> instantaneously.
    >>
    >> So something changed between 5224 and 5241 that introduced this
    >> problem, at least for my model.
    >>
    >> If there's anything I can do to help identify the problem, I'll be
    >> glad to help.
    >
    > If you want to try and identify the version where it started to
    > happen the version number should correspond to the subversion
    > revision number. You can browse the changesets for each revision here:
    >
    > http://fisheye2.atlassian.com/changelog/woproject/
    >
    > This should help you in narrowing down exactly what change started
    > it, and hopefully help mike to narrow down the reason for it. You
    > probably want to direct your attention to changesets that touch
    > entitymodeller and possibly eogen code to start with.

    I've not tried to build wolips before, and it may take me a while to
    get up to speed with that. But I can tell you which nightly
    "release" it started with (from the ones available at http://
    webobjects.mdimension.com/wolips/releases/):

    5227 was fine, and 5232 has the problem. Based on what I see at
    fisheye, I expect it was one of the changes in 5229 that actually
    introduced the problem.

    - Patrick