Re: how SHOULD it look

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2008 - 18:13:30 EDT

    > When you click on the close button, the image doesn't switch to a
    > depressed mode like safari. The non active tabs have the depressed
    > button image.
    Yeah, I noticed that also -- Actually if you look closely, when you
    click it, it turns into the old red X from the old tab style.

    > Is it possible to override the default white background color...
    I really don't know how hard it is to do this one. I suspect if I do
    this, it will quickly reveal that lots of people don't inherit the
    background color properly and they'll be big white boxes on white.
    What color SHOULD that be?

    > It would look nice in the Pro App color scheme If you're are looking
    > at using the aperture tabs.
    So I don't actually know how Apple changes the color scheme of the
    core components. I can't really change to the pro app backgrounds
    without also changing the widget sets or it will look really out of
    place.

    > The tabs on the bottom edge look a bit out of place now, but
    > changing the background colour might fix that. The non-active tabs
    > are a different grey.
    Yeah ... This is the old tab style. I just haven't gotten to this one
    yet. I can't decide what it should look like. I think the depressed
    tab track might be a little bit much for these. I honestly don't like
    all these tabs all over the place, but I don't have much of a
    suggestion on an alternative.

    > The minimise and maximise buttons look out of place now. Not sure
    > what to recommend though.
    Well, at the very least, I noticed (as in your screenshot) that with
    no tabs, their alignment is wrong. I need to check for that.

    > The view menu triangle seems like it would be almost synonymous with
    > the mac's "Action" menu
    > The Finder one is quite large and would not necessarily mean it
    > would have to be a popup menu
    Yeah. I hate that triangle. Apple uses many different sizes of this
    icon. Stealing the variant from Mail.app:

    Might work out (probably without the surrounding button).

    ms